Friday, April 10, 2009

Belly Mask



This is the belly mask we made 2 weeks before my sone was born on April 10, 2001 (in a pre-911 world).

My very patient and tolerant husband helped cover my oh-so pregnant form with wet plaster-of-Paris tape. He's an amazing guy to go along with my artistic schemes, let me tell ya'!

2 years later, I finally got around to painting it. Why a watermelon, you ask?

In my day-job, I'm a hospital librarian. One day, a physician came in to do some research. He took one look at me and said, "You been eatin' watermelon seeds!"

That made me laugh! And for the longest time, I had Oliver believing that it would not be a good idea for him to eat watermelon seeds--unless he wanted to be a pappa at this age. I'm too young to be a grandmother, I told him.

Nowadays, it's tough to find a watermelon with seeds. (Thanks, Monsanto--NOT!)

No comments: