Monday, October 15, 2007

The Way to a Woman's Heart : Part 2

You may be wondering why I have links for New Scandinavian Cooking on this blog's sidebar ... I first discovered it a few years ago on PBS when a younger Andreas Viestad was cooking a traditional Norwegian Christmas Dinner. He was in a tiny, tiny kitchen. It just seemed so low-budget, yet artful (and certainly tasteful) that I had to keep watching. They have a portable kitchen that they set up anywhere--on a beach, on a mountintop, in the artic circle ... I love the travelogue nature of the show! It really makes me want to take a trip to see Scandanavia!

The most recent season has been hosted by a Danish Chef named Claus Meyer. He's just a normal-looking guy--nothing special to look at. But when he makes a meal and presents it to the tv camera, I always feel like he really made that dinner just for me. His episodes are informative, sensual, and romantic. It's the only cooking show that makes me blush! His episodes really are appealing ... It must be the way they film it : Just look at some of these stills from Claus Meyer's season. You never really see a sweetie present, so I get to feel like I'm the one!

My Dear Husband's theory is that Claus is the guy who can provide the protein (with a little "goose fat"), so he's the one who gets the girl.

At our house, my husband does most of the cooking : He provides the protein, and he got me ;-). He bought the cow, as Sandy used to say.

NSC is more than just a cooking show ... Claus Meyer cooks with his wedding ring in full view--and it's an attractive part of the show. This cook's fidelity to his own sweetie makes it all the more appealing ... (and I hope he is good to her!)

Ahhh--Dreaming's cheap! And Claus Meyer can cook for me anytime.

Don't get me wrong, I like Andreas, too, but he's more like a buddy--like someone who lived in the coop with me over the years.

No comments: