Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kid Logic : Part 3 : Lost in Translation

When I was 6, my mom was pregnant with my younger sister. She would take my brother (then 5 yo) to her doctor's appointments. She wanted us to learn about the growing baby.


Obstetricians always have a poster on their exam room walls with a baby inside it's mother's womb, with parts cut away for visibility.

We knew how the baby was growing, but no one really explained how that critter would come out of Ma's belly. Well, something got lost in translation for me at age 6. I really thought they'd cut away parts of my mom to get the new baby out of her.

It's surprising to me know that that thought didn't disturb me more back then. My mom already had 2 kids (me and my brother), and she still seemed healthy and whole. I just had to assume everything would come out okay.

No comments: