Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kid Logic : Part 2

When I was a kid, I watched Fred Flintstone cartoons, like everybody else.

In my kid-mind,

My Mom = Wilma Flintstone


Betsy A. = Betty Rubble

Now, I can see how a kid would make that connection with parallel hair coloring and similar names. My mom and Betsy were friends, just like Wilma and Betty. My mom was a waitress in those days, and she wore a white uniform. Betsy had dark hair.

The husbands didn't quite compute, no resemblance to Fred or Barney. Betsy's husband Jim did resemble Sesame Street's Bert.

Jim A. = Bert on Sesame St.
Jim is the man in the orange suit. It must have been the eye-brows.

My dad was not a cartoon, though he made some funny faces. ;-)

Please don't any of you (Ma, Betsy and Jim) be insulted by this. It's supposed to make you laugh to think of how the mind of a kid works.

No comments: