Sunday, December 7, 2008

Measure Your Life in Love



Ok--I'm a total Rent-head now! I finally saw the movie, and I wonder what took me so long? The themes fit in so completely with 37 Days.

First and foremost, this musical is about Love. The characters are treated and presented with compassion, even though they are dealing with issues of addiction, GLBT, AIDS, loss. They learned that it's all about the relationships, the connections we make. We remember moments in time, not minutes. Sometimes it takes staring death in the face to figure it out.

I go to such a cool church, way back in 2001, the Minister, Rev. Roger Bertschausen even did a sermon on The Theology of Rent. Glad to see I picked up on some of these important themes!

No Day But Today ...




Don't wait. Make sure the people you love know it.

No comments: