Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cheap Date at Pho Viet in Milwaukee, WI


Bun bi Chia Giao - Yum! This is my all-time favorite Vietnamese dish (so far) : a noodle salad with fresh veggies, and a Vietnamese egg roll. We still affectionately call this #22, because that was the number it had on the menu at I'm Here Vietnamese Restaurant in Madison, WI.


The Special Sauce that goes with the Bun Bi above.


CL had the Pho -- the beef soup.
The restaurant is named after this soup, so it had to be good. It was!
We love Vietnamese Cuisine. The flavors are so light and delicate compared to Chinese or Thai foods (which we also appreciate). Here, you taste the lime and cilantro, and green peppers. Sweet, sour, salty, tangy, fresh --It's all there!


They also had Vietnamese grinders. I saw these on Sandwiches You Will Like (a PBS documentary). It was tasty--and only $3.50. The bread is the French influence on the culture.


This was one of the condiments on the table. I'm still not brave enough to try it, but it's got gorgeous colors! I'm sure we'll be going back there again someday. ;-)

Nearby, there was an Asian grocery store. I've never seen one so big! I wished Wei Ching or Sung Tran were still around to tell me what we were looking at!

At the deli, this looked like a seascape in a cup :


1 comment:

Pho L’amour Cafe said...

Pho is often the first thing that people think of when it comes to Vietnamese cuisine. And it is no exaggeration to say that pho is one of the dishes that represent the national spirit of Vietnam.