Tuesday, April 27, 2010

They Are With Us Still ...



CL took this picture in Cugnaux (near Toulouse), France, after our last dinner party on April14. Friends are looking at a photo album CL brought on the laptop computer. Jacqueline, CL's mother, died May 31, 2009, in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA. These are the friends in France who knew her best. The people who met her at Palmier, France, teaching in the 1960s; the core of friends who've stayed in touch all these years. Jacqueline came to visit once or twice every year. These are the people who couldn't see her in the final days of her illness, the people who couldn't come to her funeral.

I'm looking tired and bored--It was getting late for me, and I'm looking at these pictures for the 100th time. It didn't hit me until I saw this picture what a gift those photos were to these people. They knew Jacqueline in a way I would never know her. They are gathered around the warm glow of the laptop to remember. It's Grace.

Albert said, "Jacqueline is still alive in Christian's photos." Here are some of the pictures he shared.

No comments: