Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Goddess Mother to Little Luka


I'm a Goddess Mother!

On her recent trip to the US in November (She lives in Japan), my sister asked us to be god-parents to her new baby, Luka. At first we were wondering, well, what does that mean? What does she expect of us? We're not hugely religious people. I seldom see my own god-parents. In the end, we concluded that our job is to make this little boy feel special, to be a good influence on him. We can do that.


Here we are at the UU Fellowship in Appleton, with my friend, The Rev. Dottie Mathews who did the dedication/naming ceremony for us. Pictured Back row : me, Christian, Mande (holding Ailin). Front Row : Oliver, Yusuke (holding Luka).


Oliver is also happy about this new role. He was really looking forward to meeting his new little cousin. Look at his eyes sparkle (or is that sparkle from Gramma Pickles in the back row?)

I discovered I like being Auntie better than mother to a little one this age. Luka is a jolly little easy-going boy. Easy to make him giggle and belly-laugh.

CL is the nurturing one--as you can tell from this photo :

No comments: