Sunday, September 28, 2008

Anchors




My friend J has a theory that certain people in our lives act as anchors--no, not that they weigh us down. Rather, these are the people that we connect with so effortlessly, people who help us find our true selves, people who bring us back to ourselves when we run astray/aground. These are the people who remain important to us, even though the distances of time and space may seem overwhelming. It's more like these people are the little bit of weight that keeps a kite from flying off and out of control .... We still get to fly, but they keep us grounded (in a good way) and tethered to home.

For me, Sandy was an anchor. So are CL, J, SKS, Caroline, Dottie, DO, Sinden, DMJ.

Thank you to all my Anchors. I wouldn't still be here without you. I only hope I can return the favor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back atcha, Buddy! (Unless, perhaps, you meant that for some OTHER Dottie.....) :-)

Anonymous said...

Anchor. Boy, is that ever true from my end w/r/t you. So, right back atcha. --SKS