Saturday, August 30, 2008

10 Ways to Tell your Children ... I Love You



We have this magnet stuck to the fridge. Oliver looks at it regularly. He calls me on 5) "Spend time and play with your children" commandment. He loves to play games--role-playing games, board games, computer games. I'm just not a game-player, so I tend not to engage him in that way, but I remind him that we DO spend time together laughing and playing. I'm more likely to "make stuff" with him.

The other one he got me on this week is 10) "Say the words 'I love you" at least once a day. That one I can do ... He doesn't like kisses anymore, but I can say this. I'd better do it now--He won't appreciate it when he's 14 and on his way out to be with his friends.

I am amazed and impressed that he has taken these 10 commandments to heart. He knows what they mean and he has the self-esteem to bing us (his parents) in line when he sees us falling off the wagon.

1 comment:

Mande said...

That's a good magnet. I want one.