Saturday, April 5, 2008

New Shoes Make all the Difference!

I bought a new pair of shoes last week. Wearing the old shoes, I was feeling really old with aches and pains, and limited mobility. I felt like I was fast on the way to a hip replacement, moving slowly and deliberately to alleviate the pain in my hip--and wishing I had a cane.

It was all due to a worn out pair of shoes. What a difference the new pair of shoes makes!


The old and new shoes as seen from the top.


The old and new shoes as seen from the soles.

There's a huge difference on the bottoms--enough to re-align my bones to cause problems.
With the new shoes, the spring is back in my step, I have more energy, and I'm taller, too!

Who'da thunk?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your shoes story very much..... so much of life is visible in our shoes.... they hold countless stories! That reminds me of something I heard just a few nights ago. Someone purportedly challenged Hemingway to write a six-word essay and tell a full story. He thought a moment and wrote:

"For sale: baby shoes. Never Worn."

Powerful, huh!!!
D