Monday, March 12, 2012

Beauty & the Beast with a Once Upon a Time Twist (no Happy Endings)


I love-love-love this series!  I love the characters, and I love the lessons in the stories -- Even when they go wrong, we learn the lessons of what NOT to do.   So far, this particular episode has been the best of the season.  Watch the full episode here.  Be warned-- it's not a happy ending--at least not yet!

I would really like to write a character analysis of Mr Gold / Rumplestiltskin, my favorite character on the show, but things are still coming to light.  It's too early for that kind of assessment.  That's another joy of the series--clues come up each week, to help you put the puzzle pieces together.  He's a complicated character, dark and light together.  A little lost, but redeemable.  Belle was a huge gift in his life, and he let her slip away.  Belle says "Love has many layers"--and this story certainly does!  She's not perfect, but she's perfect for Rumple.  Sigh!  It's been a long time since I wanted two romantic characters to be together like this!

Many fans have put together little videos set to popular music that tell the tragic story of Belle and Rumple.  Here are some of my favorites (set down here so I can keep track of them) :









No comments: