Saturday, July 12, 2008

New Life for Old China





This is the china Gramma Pickles got as a gift on her wedding day nearly 60 years ago. It's been in a closet in an upstairs bedroom of their house all that time. Grappa made her put it away and "save it" all these years. That Depression Mentality of his ... If Gramma couldn't use it, she vowed to give this set of china to her first grand-daughter. That would be ME!

I like the contrast of the elegant china with delicate flowers next to the ratty old cardboard box it's been in all these years. Soon, we'll move it to the hutch next to the dining table.

We will definitely take this dinner-ware out and use it at Thanksgiving in November, if not before. We'll have visitors from France in September, too ... This is the kind of thing that is meant to be USED. And we will.

Thanks Gramma. I hope you decide to make the trip down here so you can finally use your China!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got done reading some of Michele's storys I really like them it kind of feels like I am reading a book and don't want to put it down. Because I might miss something.Great Job Michele I really love reading your storys.--Aunt Cindy