Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Good Cup of Tea at The Lemon Tree


I really started to enjoy tea on a trip to Scotland a few years ago. My friend Janna and I discovered a wonderful shop in Inverness called The Lemon Tree. It was run by a friendly and funny man named Duncan. I hope it's still there, because we want to make a return trip this fall.

One afternoon there, I had a wonderful gingerbread pudding with custard, fresh from the oven. It was still piping hot! I'm sorry I don't have a picture of it. You'll just have to use your imagination ... It was so good, I'm writing about it 4 years later!

So many people in Scotland were friendly and welcoming. It felt like "going home." And the landscape of the Highlands--It's one of my favorite places on this Earth!

If you are ever in Inverness, stop by the Lemon Tree for a Cuppa Tea. You won't regret it!

The Lemon Tree Coffee Shop
18 Inglis St.
Inverness-Shire IV1 1HN
Scotland

No comments: